Submit Your P85 Form: Notify HMRC of Leaving the UK
P85 form is crucial for anyone who's leaving the UK to work abroad for at least a full tax year or permanently moving outside the UK. It helps HMRC determine if you're eligible for a tax refund and ensures your tax affairs are in order.
Enter your full address including the postcode.
For international numbers include the country code.
You can find your National Insurance number: on your payslip; on your P60; on letters about your tax, pension or benefits ; in the National Insurance section of your personal tax account
Enter in the format of 2 letters, followed by 6 numbers and ends with the letter A, B, C, or D. For example, ‘QQ 12 34 56 C’.
This includes someone you are living with as a spouse or civil partner.
This includes income from: property; earnings you get from UK work ; a one-off bonus payment ; pensions; bank or building society interest; profits from stocks and shares
A Crown employee is someone who holds an office or employment under the Crown such as a: member of the UK armed forces, civil servant , diplomat.
Enter the full address including postcode.
Enter name of payer.
Enter the full address including postcode.
Enter the full address, including the postcode.
You will get a P45 from your employer when you stop working for them.
For example, because you are retired or a UK Crown servant employed abroad.
By clicking the button you agree to our Privacy Policy